Fiber Rings are often a necessity when testing with an OTDR. Fiber Rings are compact launch / receive cables designed to measure the insertion loss of the near-end and/or far-end connection of a fiber optic link using an OTDR. Both a launch and receive cable are required to measure complete link loss of a fiber with an OTDR. A launch cable, which connects the OTDR to the link under test, reveals the insertion loss and reflectance of the near-end connection. A receive cable, which connects to the far-end of the link, reveals the insertion loss and reflectance of the far-end connection. Launch and receive test cables can range from 150 m to 1 km (or longer) in length. Because very long test cables are impractical to transport and use, we offer coiled lengths of 50µm multimode, 62.5µm multimode, or single-mode fiber conveniently packaged in compact rings.
Fiber Rings with150m of fiber are ideal for premises fiber network test applications. Fiber Rings with 500m or 1km of single-mode fiber are designed for broadband, long-haul fiber network test applications. Fiber Rings are compact and fit easily in many OTDR carry cases and test kits. Fiber Rings are available in a variety of standard angled and non-angled connector styles including SC, ST, LC, and FC.
- Compact, rugged, lightweight
- 500m, 1000m and 2000m lengths standard
- Available with a variety of connector styles
- Fanout with metal tube for better protection, high tensile strength and anti-rodent
- For use as OTDR launch cable
- For use as OTDR receive cable
- Measure insertion loss and reflectance of near- and far-end connections of a fiber optic link using an OTDR
- Use to test link loss with an OTDR
|OFR-M: OTDR Fiber Rings with Metal Tube